CASE STUDY: Mayflower lives on in "Monster In-Law"
In 2005 Mayflower provided boxes, uniforms, truck and everything to set the "scene" for a family moving. The main scene consisted of the Mayflower Mover and Mayflower Boxes sharing a co-staring role with the film's star.
Through a domestic release reaching over 10,000,000 viewers, the movie is currently available on DVD (rentals), On-Demand and many on many syndicated cable networks.
Placement Viewership and CPM:
- Initial cost of placement = $1,200 (truck and driver time, gas, boxes, and uniforms)
- Worldwide theatrical revenue = $155,931,301
- Average ticket price = $6.41 (source: National Association of Theater Owners)
- Number of Viewers = 24,326,256
- CPM for the theatrical release - $0.000049! (theatrical only)
Mayflower felt a "bump" in the 2005 home relocation segment and contributed the additional brand awareness and revenue to the exposure in Monster In-Law.